Quality Products. Fast Shipping. Discreet Packaging.
There are many things we are willing to try out and use to improve our health and wellness ranging from waist-slimming diet fads to outrageous exercise routines. But one thing we can all agree on is that a coffee enema is not the first thing that we had in mind when talking about an enjoyable wellness routine.
In saying so, did you know that introducing coffee into the colon via the rectum carries a long list of health benefits? In this article, we will give you all the right reasons to try coffee enema. Hopefully, at the end of this article, you will be more than inspired to get your first home enema kit and organic coffee beans.
The History of Enemas
Cleansing enemas have been around for thousands of years. The great ancient civilisations used enema mainly for two reasons: to detoxify the body and to stimulate the colon for general cleansing purposes.
An enema was a solid foundation of health and wellness regimens in the past. But it was only in the 1930s that enema was developed and suggested as a wellness procedure for healthy and unwell individuals alike.
How did coffee enema emerge?
Interestingly, coffee enema was borne out of confusion, chaos and scarcity during World War II. As the story goes, a German nurse mistakenly administered coffee instead of water to one of her patients. Instead of feeling worse, the soldier who got the coffee enema reported improvement in his general state of wellbeing.
It was this World War II story that prompted holistic expert Dr. Max Gerson to further study the effects of coffee and eventually introduce the coffee enema as a powerful detox procedure.
The rise of coffee enema in holistic health and wellness management
When the word, “enema” is included in health discussions, majority of us would flinch and totally discount the many benefits of coffee enemas. Sticking a tube inside the rectum isn’t exactly appealing. However, after experiencing great results and an overall sensation of wellness after just one session, you will eventually regret not having it sooner.
How doe a coffee enema work?
Coffee enema is a retention-type enema that stimulates enhanced liver function and improves the body’s natural detoxification pathways.
The body’s natural detoxification process is explained as follows:
- The natural detox pathways involves three organs namely the liver, gallbladder, and the intestines.
- The main function of the liver is to cleanse the bloodstream by neutralising all toxins that pass through it. In essence, liver breaks down toxins so the body can flush them out without damaging to the body.
- The liver produces bile – an enzyme that carries neutralised toxins away from the body. In addition bile also functions as a fat emulsifier, thus making it a crucial part of fat digestion.
- The bile produced in the liver travels to the gallbladder for temporary storage. The enzyme is released when we eat food items that contain fats. The fat portion of meals triggers the contraction of the gallbladder resulting in the emptying of the bile into the small intestine. The bile then goes to work by emulsifying fats and then carries the toxins out of the body by way of excretion
In a perfect world, this natural detox pathway functions at its peak at all times. In reality, there are many factors that compromise our body’s detox system.
An unhealthy diet that comprise high levels of fats subject the liver to an endless stream of toxins. The liver suffers greatly from being overburdened. The presence of unhealthy fats in our diets makes the bile thick and sludgy. These characteristics of bile result in gallbladder problems, inefficiency in digesting fats, and a compromised detox pathway. When coupled with digestive disorders such as diarrhoea or constipation, our body’s elimination systems are greatly compromised.
Thankfully coffee enema carries a lot of benefits on the following organs:
- The caffeine in coffee solutions triggers the production of more bile.
- Palmitates stimulate the production of glutathione S-transferase, the body’s master detoxifier
- Glutathione S-transferase also helps by killing toxins and then binding to them for efficient elimination
Simply put, coffee enema enhances our body’s natural detox activities, which in turn makes it easier for the liver to accomplish all of its functions.
- The ingredients found in coffee enema stimulate the gallbladder to release adequate bile which in turn triggers peristalsis and bowel movement. Coffee enema also contains enzymes that compels bile to exit the body immediately.
- Gastrointestinal System
- Coffee enema, with its astringent qualities, has the ability to melt the top layer of the colon’s mucous membrane. Through bad diet, the mucous membrane is saturated with toxins and is to be shed soon.
- The water content of a coffee solution triggers peristalsis. Both nutrients and debris move along the digestive tract efficiently. The impurities are removed immediately with the assistance of coffee solution.
How does the coffee get from your colon to your liver?
Since the coffee solution only reaches the sigmoid colon or the large intestine’s distal end, you may be wondering how caffeine and other compounds travel to the liver.
Here is how it happens:
- The enterohepatic circulation consists of veins that act as a bridge between the liver and colon.
- On the other hand, the portal veins carry nutrients from the intestines and then to the liver for further processing before they are redistributed to various parts of the body.
The coffee solution is absorbed into this system, thus making it possible for coffee ingredients to be transported to the liver. The coffee then triggers a series of detox processes.
Myths Surrounding Coffee Enema
A lot of you might be wondering why coffee should be introduced into the colon directly and not by way of supplements or medications.
Here’s a simple and quick explanation for this:
- When you drink coffee, its compounds are immediately broken down by acids and other chemicals found in the intestines. The liver detoxing qualities of coffee are nonexistent when you drink it.
- If you introduce organic coffee solution into the colon, all of its beneficial compounds are absorbed and carried to the liver. The liver then delivers all the detox benefits found in coffee.
Myth- Coffee enema will obliterate beneficial flora in the digestive tract.
Fact- There is no evidence supporting this claim. There are reports however that the presence of coffee in the colon helps the thriving population of beneficial bacteria.
Myth- You can get sick from using a dirty enema kit.
Fact- It is relatively simple to avoid this problem. Never share the use of your enema kit with other people. It is imperative to wash the home enema kit thoroughly before use.
Myth- Coffee enema may burn your colon
Fact- Common sense dictates cooling down the solution before introducing it into the rectum. Ideally, coffee enema solution should be administered at room temperature.
Myth- Coffee enema creates electrolyte imbalance issues.
Fact- Whilst coffee is known for its diuretic properties, this issue can be easily resolved by constant hydration before, during, and after the enema procedure.
Myth- Coffee enema is an addictive practice.
Fact- Coffee does not have addictive properties and can be safely used to trigger regular bowel movements through regular use.
Myth – Coffee enema can cause anal perforations.
Fact- When coffee enema is carried out properly, you don’t have to worry about a perforated rectum or similar issues. You can use natural lubricants such as olive oil or coconut oil to lubricate the tip of the tube before insertion.
Are there contraindications to a coffee enema?
There are a few contraindications that you must learn before you purchase your first ever home enema kit.
- If you suffer from a chronic or serious health condition, do not forget to seek the recommendation of your trusted physician. After careful assessment of your health, they will provide you with appropriate steps in doing coffee enema.
- Always start with a clear water enema. This is especially true among individuals who have high toxic concentrations or high levels of heavy metal toxins. The stimulating effects of coffee enema may result in shock. You can avoid this by introducing a gentle form of enema instead.
- You should never attempt to perform an enema at home if you are suffering from hemorrhoids, and bowel diseases.
- If you are an expectant mother, delay the coffee enema until after you have delivered your newborn.
A coffee enema is your ticket to a healthier, leaner body. It is obviously the better detox solution due to its high efficacy rate and fast results. Besides liver detox, coffee enema is instrumental in weight loss, immune system functioning, and as a primary holistic detox procedure for patients suffering from cancer.
If you want to learn how to perform a coffee enema properly, click here! Call us on 1300 475 877 if you need us to clarity information pertaining to coffee enema.