Most people enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning. Coffee has many wellness benefits, aside from the addictive aroma and delicious taste, Did you know that consuming caffeine through the colon and up to your rectum has many health benefits? We will give you a brief but comprehensive introduction to coffee enema. We will provide tips and tricks for those who are just starting to use it.
What is a coffee enema?
Coffee enema, in essence, is an alternative to traditional wellness procedures. It involves the infusion and drainage of coffee enema liquid through the rectal canal.
This procedure is recommended for patients suffering from the toxic liver syndrome. It is also a key element of Gerson Cancer Therapy, an alternative medicine approach to treating cancer symptoms.
The coffee enema can also cleanse the colon and effectively treat constipation.
These are some other uses of a coffee enema:
- Candida infection is a yeast overgrowth.
- Infestation with intestinal parasites
- Chronic fatigue
- Depression and mood swings
- Long-term pain
A coffee enema can also be recommended for those suffering from the following symptoms.
- Energy levels low
- Skin inflammation conditions like acne, rosacea and eczema can occur.
- Improve overall digestive function
Coffee Enema: The Origin
The first time coffee enema was discovered was during World War I, when there were few medications. Nurses and doctors used clear-water enemas to ease the pain of soldiers who were injured or wounded. Patients in critical conditions, such as those with serious injuries or surgery, were not allowed to receive painkillers and anesthetics. According to reports, a nurse accidentally poured brewed coffee onto an enema tube. After the enema, the patient who received coffee solution in place of water experienced significant pain relief. Other healthcare professionals applied it to patients with mild to moderate pain.
Max Gerson, a renowned naturopath, was the one who introduced coffee enemas to the public. It is an integral part of Dr. Max Gerson’s Gerson Cancer Therapy. Patients with cancer use this alternative cancer treatment as an adjunct therapy to more conventional cancer treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Gerson Cancer Therapy includes high quantities of raw vegetables, fruits, and coffee enema. Vitamins and minerals supplementation is also included.
When used by patients with cancer, a coffee enema can provide pain relief, and alleviation from symptoms often experienced following traditional cancer treatments. The liver and bloodstream concentrations of toxins are significantly reduced by using coffee compounds. Cancer patients can live with less pain and discomfort by using this detoxification effect. The Gerson Institute recommends that coffee enemas be done every four hours to achieve the best liver detoxification results.
What is the working principle of a coffee enema?
To fully appreciate its wellness benefits, it is important to understand the detoxifying effects of the coffee enema.
The beneficial compounds in coffee affect one of the most vital detoxification pathways, the liver-gallbladder-intestines detox pathway. We must first understand the functions of these organs.
- All waste materials enter the liver and are processed by it. It works to eliminate toxins faster and more safely.
- Bile is an enzyme produced by the liver that transports toxins from the body. Bile is also a fat emulsifier, which is why it’s essential for proper fat digestion.
- The gallbladder stores the bile that is produced by the liver. The bile is then released when we eat foods that contain fats. To facilitate fat emulsification, the gallbladder contracts to release a small amount of bile and then expels all toxins from the body via elimination.
Today’s food is laden with toxic ingredients. An overburdened liver-gallbladder-intestines results from the chronic intake of low-quality food items such as fast foods, processed foods, canned goods and the likes. Toxin-laden food items can cause thick, sludgy and unbalanced bile. This can also hurt the gallbladder’s functions. Poor diet is associated with a higher rate of gastrointestinal dysfunction. People who eat poor diets are more likely to have digestive problems. They are less able to remove waste products and toxic substances efficiently.
The purpose of the coffee enema detox was to affect the major excretory organs.
- The Gallbladder
The gallbladder releases small amounts of bile from beneficial coffee compounds like caffeine and palmitates. Peristalsis, or the contraction of the smooth muscles in the gastrointestinal tract, is automatically triggered by the release of bile. Peristalsis is the primary mover of toxins from smaller intestines to the colon and out of the body via fecal elimination. The coffee enema also helps to prevent bile from resorption and flush out toxins and other waste products. The body will re-absorb the bile to produce energy. The body should eliminate bile and all of its toxins in this toxic world.
- The Liver
The caffeine and palmitic acid concentrations in organic coffee products stimulate the production of more bile, which aids in the elimination and detoxification of fats and other toxins. Palmitates in coffee stimulates the body’s master antioxidant, glutathione S–transferase. These natural enzymes help in the elimination of free radicals from the body. The liver’s detoxification capabilities are enhanced by coffee enema, which aids the liver in completing its detoxification tasks.
- The Intestines
Coffee’s astringent properties help eliminate fecal debris and toxins that may have accumulated in the colon. The mucous membrane can block the absorption and elimination of nutrients and minerals. Peristalsis is triggered by the presence of water in the colon. This allows for faster and more efficient elimination of waste materials from the digestive tract.
You may be curious about how coffee compounds reach the liver from within the colon. The portal vein, which connects the colon and the liver, is responsible for this task. The portal vein transports nutrients from the colon into the liver. They are then distributed throughout the body through systemic blood circulation. With the aid of the portal vein, the liver absorbs the beneficial coffee compounds. To ensure maximum absorption, coffee enema users must keep the coffee enema solution in the colon for between 12 and 15 minutes.
What are the benefits of regular coffee enema use?
The Gerson Cancer Therapy does not allow for the use of a coffee enema. You can use it for healthy people who want to improve their health through natural detoxification.
If performed at the recommended frequency, the following benefits are guaranteed:
- Optimal liver detoxification capabilities
- Enhanced cell energy production
- Systemic blood circulation improved.
- Improved immune system function
- The efficient cellular regeneration process
- Restoring optimal digestive function
- Regular bowel movements
- Skin inflammation conditions like cystic acne, psoriasis and eczema can be treated.
What are some important points to remember when performing a coffee enema procedure?
- Use only organic coffee beans for the preparation of the enema solution. Regular coffee can negate the benefits of coffee enema to the body. Regular coffee can contain pesticides and fertilizers, which could pose a greater danger to your body.
- Clear-water enema is recommended for beginners and those who have high toxin loads. Before performing a coffee enema, it is best to stimulate your liver and colon with gentler solutions.
- Before you start a coffee enema at your home, consult a naturopath if you have any of these conditions: gastric bowel disease, inflamed colon, or hemorrhoids.
- Make sure you only use a kit for coffee liver detox. An easier way to enema coffee is to buy a coffee enema set that includes a stainless steel bucket container. These are durable, and you can reuse them often to last many years.