Quality Products. Discreet Packaging. Order before 12pm AEST for same day despatch!
The Gerson Diet is part of the Gerson Therapy, a comprehensive natural treatment created by Dr. Max Gerson in the 1920s as an effective alternative strategy to treat degenerative diseases including cancer. The Gerson Therapy diet enumerates the important nutritional guidelines to be followed including desirable foods, occasionally allowed foods, and prohibited foods. Listing down specific food items under these three categories aims to help people in developing a wholesome diet based on their preferences. This makes the Gerson diet a more flexible diet regimen.
What is Gerson Therapy?
Gerson Therapy is a natural approach of treating common illnesses to serious diseases by activation of our body’s healing abilities. This alternative wellness strategy was made for people who suffer from chronic, debilitating diseases and cancer.
The major tenets of the Gerson Therapy are the following:
- Organic, plant-based diet
- Raw juices made from plants and vegetables
- Coffee enemas
- Natural supplements
The holistic healing approach of the Gerson Therapy promises to trigger the human body’s healing mechanisms without nasty side effects and complications. It offers a better alternative to cancer management as opposed to conventional treatments that utilize toxic drugs and dangerous substances.
Chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgeries are the common go-to medical interventions for almost all types of cancer. Medications are teeming with compounds that are known to cause unwanted side effects, leaving patients feeling unwell most of the time.
The Gerson Diet plan was developed to eliminate all the usual side effects and issues associated with conventional cancer treatments through whole-body healing. It aims to prolong the life expectancy of cancer patients whilst increasing their quality of life during treatment.
The potent healing qualities of the Gerson Therapy delivers added benefits of enhanced immune system functioning, relief from signs and symptoms related to cardiovascular diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, allergies, tuberculosis, and diabetes just to name a few.
A Brief Introduction to the Gerson Cancer Diet
The holistic nature of Gerson Therapy makes it one of the most attractive treatment methods for cancer and other illnesses. It can even be used as part of a wellness routine to prevent the occurrence of diseases. The Gerson Cancer Diet has the power to treat a wide array of illnesses due to its unique ability to trigger the natural healing mechanisms of the human body. Unlike conventional treatment interventions that only provide relief from symptoms, the Gerson Therapy Diet aims to eliminate the causes of majority of human diseases; nutritional deficiency and overload of toxins in the human body.
The Gerson Diet explains the importance of a wholesome diet and how organic plants can help in the healing process. Organic fruits and vegetables and juices are to be consumed daily. The predominantly plant-based diet delivers a steady stream of nutrients, enzymes, and antioxidants that fight off free radicals and diseased tissues in the body. The Gerson Diet works in combination with a coffee enema- a procedure that flushes out toxins from the gut and liver.
Our body can be overly saturated with toxins, wastes, and carcinogens. These nasties have been building up in our system since birth. They come from various sources- from the water we drink, the air we breathe, and the food we eat. The diet plan developed by Dr. Max Gerson promises intensive detoxification that can eliminate all toxins, which is then followed by natural healing.
How does the Gerson Therapy Works?
The main goal of the Gerson Therapy is to stimulate the human body’s natural regeneration mechanism. Its objective is to trigger the body’s vital metabolic requirements by supplying the body with wholesome nutrients. Ideally, the body should be flooded with at least 15 pounds of or organic fruits and vegetables every single day. The majority of fresh produce is used in making fresh fruit juices; which are taken at least once per hour, up to 13 times per day. You can consume both raw and cooked desirable foods, too. The level of oxygenation is doubled with increased fruit and vegetable intake. This is done to target the oxygen deficiency issue that is common across many degenerative diseases. Metabolic rate increases as the potassium and other natural supplements are added into the diet. Some undesirable food items identified are animal fats. sodium, and high amounts of protein.
Chronic, degenerative diseases slow down the body’s ability to eliminate waste, leading to liver and kidney problems. The Gerson Cancer Diet triggers intensive detoxification to flush out waste materials, stimulate liver regeneration, reactivate the immune system, and bring back the body’s natural protective mechanisms. In addition, the Gerson Therapy diet increases enzymes, enhances mineral absorption, and improves hormone production. With improved nutrition, improved oxygen availability, intensive detoxification, revved up metabolism, and improved functioning at the cellular level, the body is given the ability to heal, prevent future illness, and enhance overall wellbeing.
Juicing as Part of the Gerson Therapy Diet
Fresh-pressed juice from fruits and vegetables provides superior quality nutrition in the fastest and most effective means possible. Juicing facilitates the absorption of up to 15 pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables daily in their highly digestible and absorbable form.
People following the Gerson Cancer Diet drink up to 13 glasses of raw and fresh juices made from apple, carrots, and leafy greens. The juices need to be prepared hourly from organic fruits and vegetables with the help of a juicer or a masticating juicer featuring a separate hydraulic press.
What Makes Up the Gerson Diet?
The unique characteristic of the Gerson Diet is that it mainly consists of fresh and organic produce. It’s a high-nutrients diet filled with vitamins, minerals, micronutrients, and enzymes. Consequently, it contains low concentrations of fat, sodium, and proteins.
Here is a classic example of a daily diet of an individual following the full diet routine of the Gerson Therapy:
- The individual is instructed to drink up to 13 glasses of raw and organic apple-carrot, and leafy green juice preparation on an hourly basis
- Three full meals that consist of plants including whole grains and organically-grown fruits and vegetables. A typical Gerson Diet meal may include cooked vegetables, salad, juice, and Hippocrates soup.
- For snacking, only fresh fruits and vegetables are allowed
Specific Gerson Diet guidelines are as follows:
- The undesirable fruits and vegetables- items that are not to be used in juicing and full meals are cucumber, pineapple, berries, nuts, and avocadoes. Pineapple and berries may potentially cause allergic reactions to the aromatic acids present in other produce. Nuts have high protein content and avocados are high in fats. Cucumbers in combination with other fresh produce are simply hard to digest.
- Include the following ingredients when making your salad: broccoli, lettuce, cabbage, beet, chicory, tomatoes, chives, green onions, apple, carrots, and beets. Liquids you can use for dressing are flaxseed oil, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Avoid the use of herbs and spices as they may impede the natural healing process during the first few weeks of treatment. You can use mild spices and herbs in food preparation. Desirable spices include bay leaf, coriander, fennel, rosemary, sage, thyme, allspice, star anise, and dill.
Coffee Enema – The First Step of the Gerson Therapy
Coffee enemas are an important element of the Gerson Therapy as they treat and reverse the effects of cancer. Regular coffee enemas effectively reduces the concentration of toxins in the blood serum and cleans out all potential poisons from internal fluids that feed and nourish the cells.
Here’s how you perform a coffee enema at home:
- Combine three tablespoons of ground coffee beans to 1 litre of distilled boiling water. Let the ingredients continuously boil for three minutes. Turn down the flame and let it simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and then add more water to make it 1 litre. Let the mixture sit and cool down to room temperature. Fill the enema bucket with the mixture and hang 12 to 18 inches above the body. Position yourself on the floor nearest the toilet bowl. Insert the tube with the coffee mixture into the rectum.
- Lie down on your right side and pull up your legs in a relaxed position.
- Open the clam and start introducing the coffee solution into the rectum. Take note that it will take time for the mixture to enter the rectum, but the force of gravity will facilitate the entry of the liquid solution into the bowels, Try to hold the liquid inside your rectum for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, you can then release the liquid into the toilet bowl.
The Gerson Therapy Diet may seem a bit strict and limited on food choices, but is completely possible to achieve. If your primary goal is to get healthy and prevent the occurrence of cancer or other degenerative diseases from taking control of you, practicing the Gerson Cancer diet in combination with coffee enemas and natural supplementation will help you achieve your health goals and more!