Coffee enema refers to a detox procedure involving introducing organic coffee solution through the rectum. It is a hydrotherapy procedure that also includes a liver detox component. The coffee enema cleanses the colon and increases the liver’s ability to detoxify.
We deal with two types of toxic substances daily:
- These toxins are usually found in the foods and water we eat. Pesticides, artificial chemicals, hormones, and heavy metals are just a few of these toxins.
- Metabolic, toxic substances are by-products of various body processes.
The distal part of the large intestine is an S-shaped area, also known as the sigmoid colon. This is the area where nutrients are absorbed from undigested food. This area is also used to store stool until it can be eliminated. The stool is often contaminated with putrefied substances, which activate the circulatory system between the colon and liver. This direct communication between the colon and the liver is also known as enterohepatic circulatory. It aids in proper elimination.
You may be aware that the enterohepatic system exists during regular bowel movements. The urge to urinate and the unpleasant sensation of needing to empty your bowels trigger the enterohepatic systems. The liver releases bile when the enterohepatic system is overloaded with toxins from undigested materials. The liver then releases bile to transport emulsified fats and other toxic substances from the small intestine to the elimination system. After emptying your bowels, you will feel relief.
The role of the enterohepatic system is to transport toxins to the liver for detoxification. This detox pathway activates a series of processes that effectively removes waste and toxins from the body.
The caffeine component in a coffee enema is absorbed only into the enterohepatic and then transported to the liver. Coffee acts as a powerful detoxicant, which triggers more bile production. Bile, an enzyme that acts as a fat emulsifier, is a liver function. The liver produces bile which is then sent to the intestine to remove toxins and fats from our food.
The liver’s ability to move bile and other toxins away allows it to process more waste from its colon and other vital organs like the tissues and bloodstream. Caffeine is not absorbed into the bloodstream if the enema procedure is done incorrectly.
The beneficial compound palmitic acid, found in coffee, triggers the production by the gallbladder of glutathione-S-transferase. Glutathione S-transferase plays an important part in the liver-gallbladder-intestines detoxification pathways. It is also a crucial enzyme in the production and release of glutathione. This enzyme allows toxins to be removed from the liver via bile release into the small intestine.
The liver detoxification process is improved by using the compounds in the coffee elimination solution.
What are the essential ingredients for a home coffee enema?
These are the essential ingredients for a home coffee enema.
- An enema bag or stainless-steel bucket.
- A stainless-steel pot is used to make coffee enema solutions.
- Caffeinated 100% organic coffee.
- Distilled water
- Kit includes a nozzle, clamp, and plastic tubing or rubber tubing.
When shopping online for an enema kit, you have two options: a clear plastic bag or a stainless-steel bucket. Clear plastic is more convenient for beginners because it allows them to see how much solution was used. On the other hand, a stainless-steel bucket is recommended if you are looking for a reliable and long-lasting enema storage container. Stainless steel buckets can be cleaned easily and are easier to use.
100% certified coffee must be used in preparing and using the enema solutions. Coffee crops are the second most contaminated crop in the world. Therefore, most caffeinated coffee blends you find in shops may contain harmful compounds and toxic chemicals. It is counterintuitive to use regular coffee. You won’t be introducing any more toxic substances to your body by using certified organic coffee. Organic coffee varieties also provide superior quality benefits compounds like caffeine and palmitates.
How can you do a home coffee enema?
- In a stainless-steel pot, place 1 quart of the distilled water. Bring the water to a boil.
- Slowly add 2 tablespoons of coffee to the boiling water. Your holistic practitioner will advise you on how much coffee to use. For example, those following the Gerson Cancer Therapy should use 3 tablespoons of organic coffee to prepare an enema solution.
- Allow the mixture to boil for five more minutes. After five minutes, reduce the heat and then turn off the flame.
- After the coffee has cooled to room temperature, you can transfer it to an enema bag, stainless-steel bucket or another container. Use a cold or hot enema solution to avoid discomfort, burns and pain.
- Allow the enema solution cool to room temperature. Then, prepare the area where you will be performing the coffee enema. An enema should always be done in the bathroom, as it allows for quick cleaning and easy access to the toilet for elimination. To make the experience more comfortable, you can use bathroom towels and a cushion to support your bladder.
- Strain the coffee solution to eliminate all the grinds and other debris.
- It would help if you poured the enema solution into a bag or bucket. Make sure that the clamp is securely closed at all times.
- Open the clamp to allow the enema solution to flow throughout the entire length. This is done to eliminate any air trapped in the tubing. Once all air has been removed, you can re-clamp the tubing.
- To ensure efficient colonic flow, hang the bucket or bag 12 cm from the ground. Don’t hang the bag or bucket too high, which could cause coffee to move quickly into the colon. The colon should be kept clean, and the solution should flow slowly after the tubing ends are secured within the colon. Too fast a colon flow can lead to the introduction of caffeine into the systemic circulation.
- Place your right or left side on your back. Use a natural lubricant like coconut oil or olive oils to lubricate the anal and tip of the tubing. A water-based lubricant, such as KY jelly, can also be used.
- Once the tube has been inserted into your colon, you can release the claim to allow half the coffee enema solution to flow in. The clamp should be closed immediately if you feel any discomfort or fullness. Retention-type coffee enema requires that the coffee enema solution be kept inside the colon for at most 12 minutes. Allows the beneficial enzymes, compounds and coffee in the colon to reach the enterohepatic system.
Reminders for Coffee Enema at home
- It is best to reduce the amount of coffee you drink to half a tablespoon for a few sessions if you experience any unusual symptoms, such as irregular heartbeats, palpitations, nausea, hyperactivity, or irregular heartbeats.
- Use only 100% organic, caffeinated coffee. Regular coffee is best avoided as it can contain chemicals that cause more harm to the liver.
- Call your doctor to schedule an appointment if you don’t feel bowel movements immediately following an enema procedure.
- Only perform an enema after your doctor has cleared you.
- To ensure that the coffee enema is effective, perform a plain water enema before your coffee enema. This will make your coffee enema more powerful and efficient during a liver detox.